Pay As You Go
My credit hasn’t gone on to my meter, but the money has been taken
Please ensure if topping up your meter at the weekend, when our office is closed, you use one of our automated services, to ensure your credit is added.
Automated services include, Any Payzone shop or Via our On-Line Portal
- Once your credit has been purchased, please allow for 3 hours for the credit to be applied to your meter
- Please ensure your property has electrical power
- Call WilSon Energy Ltd on the contact details provided
- Please keep hold of your receipts provided from any Payzone outlet as this contains the details required for us to investigate further.
My equipment is making loud noises
If your In-Home Display is beeping, this is likely that your credit has run below the emergency credit level. This is alerting you to purchasing more credit. This can be silenced if you hold the down arrow for 20-30 seconds.
For other WilSon Energy Ltd equipment, please contact the PAYG team.
What payment methods are there?
- Telephone: 0845 4670636 | (surcharge may apply)
- Online: www.wilsonenergy.co.uk
- BACS: Sort code 20 63 25, Account number 73618390
- Direct Debit: Direct debit mandate sent upon request
- Barclays PINGIT app: Register code PINGITQHZ255 or scan the QR code
- Payzone: A registered Payzone card can be taken to any local Payzone outlet
Who provides my heating and hot water?
We are not the suppliers of your heat or hot water. Your heating and hot water energy is supplied to your property from a communal energy centre put in to place by your management company.
I don’t want your equipment anymore
Your heating and hot water energy is supplied to your property from a communal energy centre put in to place by your management company. Where a communal heat energy system operates, it is not possible to change your heat energy supplier.
I’d like to start receiving bills
PAYG residents purchase their heat and hot water credit in advance, and can not be sent a bill for payment after the energy is consumed. All annual statements are sent each year.
I have no heating or hot water but I’m still being charged
Tariffs for particular developments may have a daily standing charge which is applied every day whether there is any heat energy consumed. This is something implemented by your management company and cannot be removed from your account. Nearly all energy suppliers apply a daily standing charge for your supply.
I’m being charged too much
Your energy is calculated using two considerations. The ‘tariff’ or ‘unit charge’ reflects the cost of producing and supplying heat energy to your property. The amount you are charged is decided by your management company and can not be changed without their permission.
I can’t see the information on my In-Home Display/Meter
If your In-Home Display is not reflecting all of your meter data, such as the time and date, this may require pairing. Please contact the PAYG team with your IHD serial number which can be found at the back of your In-Home Display to pair up.
If you have a complete blank screen, your In-Home Display may require replacement batteries or need re-charging.
I have lost my Payzone card
Call the PAYG team to obtain a replacement card. Please note, your management company may level a charge.
My radiators or heating controls won’t work
This may or may not fall under the WilSon Energy Ltd’s remit, depending on the contract in place. Please refer to your consumer information booklet for further information.
Why is my meter in debt?
It is only possible for your meter to get in to debt with only the following options:
- Daily standing/ fixed charges – This will accumulate whether there is usage or not
- Using emergency credit
- Friendly credit period – Between agreed dates and time’s you’re able to use more than your
- Emergency credit. E.g. bank holidays and holiday seasons
Please note, all debt must be paid.
I'm moving in/out
PAYG residents are not required to provide any details.
I can’t find my tenant reference
Please call our Pay As You Go Customer Service team to obtain this information.
I haven’t received my replacement In-Home Display/ Payzone card
We aim to have all replacement Payzone cards and In-Home Displays delivered within 5 working days.
Do I get a receipt of I pay over the phone?
Receipts are not sent when payments are made over the phone, however a payment reference can be provided upon request during the call.